Who we are and What we do
“Piliko” was created in summer 2008 by professionals who specialize in the field of construction and who share a common interest in building with natural materials and sustainable architecture.
Since 2011 “Piliko” is a non-profit organisation with the aims to :
Promote environmental awareness in the domain of sustainable design and construction.
Document vernacular construction techniques and assess their contemporary relevance.
Research new methods of building with natural materials and convey this knowledge.
Driven by these aims the group is involved in /organises the following activities:
- Informative and educational lectures and exhibitions open to the wider public.
- Hands-on construction workshops in collaboration with experts open to students and professionals.
- Workshops open to children.
- Documentation and archiving of the Greek architectural earthen heritage.
- Coordination and participation in research projects.
- Counselling on scientific and legislative issues related to construction with natural materials.
- Coordination and participation in international networks for information exchange.